Powerex Corp., a fast-paced, dynamic, wholly-owned energy marketing subsidiary of BC Hydro, has a full-time opportunity for a Market Risk Analyst to join our Market Risk team. If you are team-oriented, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, and possess advanced analytical and problem-solving skills then this opportunity will appeal to you. Working within Powerex will challenge your intellectual curiosity, pushing you to learn quickly and thrive in a collaborative team environment. We encourage you to provide a cover letter that demonstrates how your skills will be an asset to our team.
What you will do
- Analyses to support the risk management and trading of a diverse portfolio of physical energy and related energy derivative products.
- Accurately producing regular and custom risk reporting in a timely manner.
- Conducting custom analysis to support the evaluation of structured and strategic business opportunities.
- Participation and leadership in team initiatives to maintain and improve risk measurement models, valuation models, risk reporting, and monitoring tools.
- Monitoring trade activity for compliance within the risk policy limits.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude as demonstrated through a preferred minimum of two years of work experience and the completion of a degree with significant quantitative content such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Economics. Completion of a master’s degree or other related advanced designation is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Self-starter who can build strong relationships both internally and externally utilizing good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of risk management fundamentals as well as the ability to identify risks related to commercial structures and products.
- Knowledge of derivatives analysis, stochastic simulation, and statistical analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills, proficiency with database querying, and programming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging technical problems without the guarantee of adequate or perfect information.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex ideas in a simple way and in a busy, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities.
- Experience with and understanding of physical and financial energy markets and the operation of a trading organization will be considered an asset.
What we offer
- Powerex prides itself on offering a competitive and comprehensive total rewards benefits package, a team-based culture with opportunities for growth and professional development, and a strong commitment to the well-being of our employees.
This challenging position may involve working outside normal business hours/days. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter and résumé by May 26th, 2023 through the Powerex website located at: www.powerex.com or click the link.