Powerex Corp., a wholly owned energy marketing subsidiary of BC Hydro is looking for high achieving professionals for potential future positions as Energy Traders in our Real Time Trading area. We are looking for people who have a demonstrated ability to make quick analytical decisions in a team environment. We offer a high-energy atmosphere, a fun, talented team, competitive compensation package, which are only a few of the many great things that help make Powerex an exciting and enjoyable place to work. This position will appeal to individuals who are quick thinking, highly analytical, customer focused and are self-motivated team players. We are looking for people who enjoy achieving business results in a very dynamic, complex and challenging industry. If you have a lifestyle which is flexible and conducive to professional shift work, this may be the opportunity you are looking for!
We are looking for people who have the drive to assist Powerex in growing our business. In addition, the Energy Trader will be relied upon to support the achievement of our purpose and long-term goals by fostering our core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, ingenuity and customer service.
We would love to hear from potential candidates who possess the following:
- We are looking for candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline, i.e. – Engineering, Physics, Finance, Mathematics, Economics or a related field). Additional work towards completion of a Master’s degree, CFA or similar is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively advancing work experience is a must with demonstrated professional success.
- Demonstrated high level analytical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated exceptional negotiation skills.
- Previous energy, gas or commodity trading experience is not mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience working within a highly complex industry, displaying professional maturity and proven ability to make quick decisions and operate effectively within a time sensitive work environment in a team environment.