POWEREX IS HIRING A REALTIME TRADER
Fast paced, dynamic, and empowering are just some of the words that describe life at Powerex. We pride ourselves on having a great culture, a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, and a strong commitment to the wellbeing of our employees. If you were to ask any Powerex employee what they love about their job, their first comment will most often be “the people I work with.”
As a highly trusted and reliable provider of wholesale electricity, natural gas and environmental products, Powerex is widely recognized as a market leader in its industry. Our success is driven by highly motivated and talented individuals that achieve exceptional results as a team in a very fast-paced environment. With an average tenure of 15+ years on our trade floor, this position offers the right individual a tremendous learning opportunity, working for an employer of choice in Vancouver.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Realtime Trader, you will execute trades and arrange for physical deliveries in a variety of wholesale electricity markets, including organized markets in the western US and Canada, as well as through direct negotiations with Powerex’s diverse customers. This is a professional 24x7 shift position, where you will work in a team of three traders, while also collaborating with the rest of Powerex’s trade floor. In this role, you will quickly learn to expect the unexpected, as the different markets Powerex participates in are highly dynamic, can quickly become volatile, and will often present both opportunities and challenges. Each shift can be an exciting adventure, with your team’s success evident when you go home at the end of each day. Our team is located in downtown Vancouver, at the corner of Burrard and Dunsmuir.
QUALFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have completed a University Degree in a Commerce, Economics, Engineering, or other analytical field of study. Additional required qualifications include:
- Demonstrated team player
- Exceptional analytical aptitude
- Ability to make quick decisions in an uncertain and constantly evolving environment
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven negotiation and/or customer service skills
- Strong professional judgement
- Demonstrated leadership skills preferred, but will consider candidates with strong leadership potential
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU
- Find it challenging to make well-considered decisions during high-pressure, time-sensitive situations
- Care about what your title is or need a clearly-defined job description and career path
- Want or need your own office
- Have a high need to work independently and/or a desire to be individually recognized for individual results
- Have to think too long about whether or not you meet the above criteria
Rarely do these positions come up, as once we find the right person, with the right combination of skills and personal attributes, they fall in love with the job, the people and the culture. We take care of our employees, as demonstrated by the long average tenure within our team.
This position has a starting base salary of $125,000 plus an annual cash bonus that is based on corporate financial results, and your contributions to the team’s success. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package, a defined benefit pension plan, and generous time off.
For more information on Powerex and why we believe we are a great company to work for, have a look at our website https://powerex.com/ If you feel up to the challenge, and want to experience the energy and achieve the extraordinary, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume via our Careers page.