Powerex Corp. (Powerex) is committed to protecting personal information under its control. This policy describes how Powerex collects, uses, and discloses personal information of any individuals it interacts with, other than employees.
If you are a California consumer as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), please review our California Privacy Notice for a description of any additional rights you have under the CCPA.
Table of Contents
What is personal information?
In this policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, and may include such information as that individual's name, home address or social insurance number. In general, personal information does not include information that would enable an individual to be contacted at a place of business, such as name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number. Information that is aggregated and/or de-identified and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
How does Powerex collect, use and disclose personal information?
Collection of personal information. We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers and contact information. Generally, Powerex only collects contact information about individuals in relation to their employment, business or profession, such as name, contact information (work email address and telephone number). We generally collect this information directly from you or from your employer. This information may not always constitute personal information under applicable law. We may also collect your contact information (name, email address or phone number) when you make an inquiry or contact us.
- Telephone conversation recordings. Consistent with industry practice, as a power marketer Powerex records telephone conversations in respect of its trading activity.
Use of personal information. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our services, including to communicate with you in relation to providing our services, to respond to your inquiries and as otherwise necessary to provide our services to our clients.
- To manage our business, for instance: to comply, and demonstrate compliance, with applicable regulatory obligations; to confirm Powerex business transactions for various purposes, such as proof of the terms of the transaction, and proof of conduct; to facilitate Powerex’s internal business processes, such as monitoring system performance; to facilitate legal or regulatory proceedings involving Powerex or a Powerex employee; and for quality assurance and internal training purposes.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law or with your consent.
Sharing of personal information. We may share your personal information for the purposes detailed in this policy as follows:
- Service providers. We may transfer personal information to third-parties who provide services on our behalf. We require these service providers to limit their access to and/or use of personal information to what is required to provide their services and require that those third parties adhere to confidentiality as well as security procedures and protections.
- Business transactions or as necessary in the course of our business. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a business transaction (e.g., the sale or transfer of business or assets) or as necessary in the course of our business (e.g., personal information may be included in contracts or documents that must be filed under applicable law).
- As permitted or required by law or with your consent. For instance, we may be permitted or required to share your personal information for the purpose of complying with a subpoena, warrant or order issued or made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of the information. We may also be able to disclose personal information to Powerex’s legal counsel.
How does Powerex maintain personal information?
How we protect personal information. Powerex protects personal information in its custody or under its control by ensuring security arrangements appropriate to the sensitivity of the information are in place to prevent unauthorized access to, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal of such information.
Personal information outside of Canada. We may transfer personal information outside of Canada in the course of our business. For instance, some of our service providers may store your personal information outside of Canada. As a result, when your personal information is stored in another jurisdiction than Canada, it may be subject to the law of this foreign jurisdiction, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement authorities in that jurisdiction.
How can I access my personal information?
Individuals may request access to their personal information by providing such request in writing to the Powerex privacy officer at the contact information below, with detail sufficient to enable Powerex to identify the individual and the information sought. Powerex will provide the information within 30 days or will provide written notice of any extension required. Powerex may deny access in the event that the information is protected by solicitor-client privilege, prohibited from disclosure or the disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that if disclosed, could harm the competitive position of Powerex. In the event that a request for information is refused, Powerex will provide written reasons for any refusal and information in respect of any recourse which may be available. If you are residing in California, you may have other rights detailed in our California Privacy Notice.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. Any changes we make will become effective when we post a modified version of the policy on our website. If the changes we make are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice when required by applicable laws. By continuing to use our website and interacting with us after the modified version of the policy has been posted or you have been informed of this update, you are accepting the changes to the policy.
How can I obtain further information from Powerex?
If you have a question or a complaint in connection with this policy, please contact Powerex’s privacy officer at 604.891.5000 or at email@example.com.
California Privacy Notice
This section applies to you if you are a California consumer as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Your rights. California consumers have the following rights (note that if we have collected your personal information as you were acting in the course of your role as an employee owner, director, officer or contractor of a business these rights may not apply to you):
- Request to know about the personal information we have collected and disclosed. Once every 12 months, you may submit a verifiable request that we disclose the following information to you: (i) the categories or specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the last 12 months, as well as the sources from which personal information is collected, the business and commercial purposes for collecting it and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared it; and (ii) the categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months.
- Right to request that we delete your Personal Information. You may submit a verifiable request that we delete any personal information that we have collected about you, subject to the exceptions provided by the CCPA.
- Non-discrimination right. We will not, because you have exercised any of the rights detailed in this section 12, deny you any goods or services, charge different prices or rates for goods or services, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
Methods for Exercising your Rights and Verification of your Identity
You may exercise your right to know and your right to deletion by contacting Powerex’s privacy officer at 604.891.5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with applicable law, we must take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. For instance, we may verify your identity by matching two or three data points of identifying information you provide to data points we already maintain about you and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification, depending on the nature of your request. You can authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights on your behalf, but we will take additional measures to verify the legal authority of your agent.